Liquid Health Pte Ltd carries 4 different types of this L&R Suprasorb A Calcium Alginate Dressings, namely:
- 20440 – 5cmx5cm (Sterile)
- 20441 – 10cmx10cm (Sterile)
- 20442 – 10cmx20cm (Sterile), and
- 20445 – Rope 30cm/2g (Sterile).
The high exudate absorption capacity of Suprasorb A promotes wound healing. It causes the exchange of sodium ions with calcium ions, forming a gel. Bacteria and debris are then trapped in the gel, creating a moist wound environment.
Suprasorb A not only promotes wound healing but also offers a high degree of comfort due to its exceptionally soft structure and ease of packing.
- calcium alginate fibre
Fields of application
For the care of non-infected superficial or deep wounds with high levels of exudate.
- arterial ulcers
- venous ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- skin graft donor sites
- pressure ulcers
- high comfort due to a particularly soft structure and easy wound packing
- ability to absorb high volumes of exudate promotes wound healing
- conformability to any wound bed
- binding of bacteria and cell debris in the gel
- creates a moist wound environment
- Dressing change interval: To be determined by the attending physician in accordance with individual wound condition, degree of exudate, and secondary dressing used, but no longer than 5-7 days.
- Advice for infected wounds: Use an occlusive secondary dressing only if the physician so decides based on the overall situation.
- Each type is packed in a box of 10 sterile pieces.
- Available for sale by individual piece too.