31885 L&R Curafix® i.v. Film (10 x 12 cm), for central venous access (CVC)
Catheter retention dressing made from transparent film
Curafix® i.v. is suitable for the fixation of cannulas and catheters to the skin and as a mechanical barrier to protect the puncture site. The portfolio comprises cannula and catheter retention dressings for peripheral and central venous accesses.
- Has a counter-fixation element for reliable adhesion
- A good visual monitoring of the puncture site for longer dressing change intervals
- Optimised sizes for many fields of application, e.g. paediatrics
Curafix i.v. Film is suitable for central venous access and it combines reliable protection with visual inspection. The application system makes it easier to apply the thin film and is very easy to mould to fit the design of the catheter.
Film: polyurethane, skin-friendly polyacrylate adhesive (free of colophony and colophony derivatives)
Fields of application
- For the retention of cannulas and catheters on the skin and as a mechanical barrier to protect the puncture site.
- suitable for central venous access (CVC)
- good water vapour permeability
- X-ray transparent
- dressing leaves little residue when removed*
- can be washed off with disinfectants*
- pathogen- and bacteria-proof
- impermeable to water
- adheres readily and reliably to the skin*
*The stated properties are based on currently available in vitro data.