31886 Curafix® i.v. Control (5.5 x 6.5 cm)
Cannula retention dressing with viewing window
Curafix® i.v. is suitable for the fixation of cannulas and catheters to the skin and as a mechanical barrier to protect the puncture site. The portfolio comprises cannula and catheter retention dressings for peripheral and central venous accesses.
- Has a counter-fixation element for reliable adhesion
- A good visual monitoring of the puncture site for longer dressing change intervals
- Optimised sizes for many fields of application, e.g. paediatrics
Curafix i.v. Control is ergonomically shaped and consists of a stabilising border made from nonwoven/film laminate. The porous adhesive coating on the viewing window minimises the risk of moisture collecting under the dressing.* Furthermore, the one-piece counterfixation element can be adapted to fit the cannula’s design. The cutout provides additional fixation for cannulas with a push-off plate.
- Nonwoven: white, polyester
- Film: polyurethane, skin-friendly polyacrylate adhesive (free of colophony and colophony derivatives)
Fields of application
- For the retention of cannulas and catheters on the skin and as a mechanical barrier to protect the puncture site.
- suitable for peripheral venous access (PVC)
- nonwoven film laminate with inspection window to monitor the puncture site
- high water vapour permeability
- secure retention
- latex-free formulation
- low risk of maceration*
- dressing leaves little residue when removed*
- can be washed off with disinfectants*
- pathogen- and bacteria-proof
- impermeable to water
- adheres readily and reliably to the skin*
*The stated properties are based on currently available in vitro data.