WHAT IS CURCUMIN? WHAT IS TURMERIC? IT IS MORE THAN A SPICE!
- Almost all of us living in Asia knows Curcumin and Turmeric. Turmeric is well known as a spice and a colouring agent while Curcumin (an ingredient in Turmeric) has health benefits – anti-inflammation and a strong antioxidant.
- Curcumin is also known for its ability to boost levels of the brain hormone BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor), beneficial effects on heart disease, prevent and treat cancer and help improve the pathological process of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Although Turmeric extracts has been used in Ayurveda in India and SE Asian countries to cure various ailments for several thousand years, Curcumin and other curcuminoids and tetrahydrocurcuminoids are the most important ingredients for health benefits.
- However, humans can only absorb a small amount of natural curcumin – its bioavailability via the intestine is very low. Curcumin is fat-soluble and is poorly absorbed in the watery environment of the intestine; 90% of it is excreted out. So far – to improve bioavailability, it has been combined with piperine (an alkaloid present in black pepper). However, it lasted only an hour (in studies done). A sustained absorption of curcumin cannot be achieved with the piperine.
DR WOLZ CURCUMIN CAPSULES – MORE THAN 40 TIMES MORE BIOAVAILABILITY
- With Dr Wolz Curcumin Extract 45, the bioavailability of Curcumin increases significantly and the benefits are fully exploited. The bioavailability of of Curcumin in Dr Wolz Curcumin capsules is over 40 times higher that that of pure curcumin powder or conventional preparations.
- The fat-soluble (lipophilic) curcumin molecules are embedded in a ring of glucose molecules (a type of sugar – the so-called cyclodextrins) in such a way that there is a hydrophilic (water-loving) outside and a lipophilic, i.e. fat-friendly cavity inside. This way, the curcumin molecule stays in this cavity until it reaches the intestine. There it is transported individually by the cyclodextrin molecules to the intestinal wall, where it can be absorbed while the cyclodextrin is broken down and excreted.
- This higher bioavailability of the curcumin has been scientifically proven in studies – 150mg curcuminoids per day with 40 times higher bioavailability.
- Three capsules contain 999 mg microencapsulated curcumin (gamma-cyclodextrin, curcumin 15%) (corresponds to 150 mg curcuminoids) with 40 times higher bioavailability.
- The capsule shell is made of cellulose.
- Without lactose, gluten, fructose, piperine, polysorbate and colours
- 3 capsules daily before or after a meal with a liquid of your choice.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage.
- Keep away from children.
- Should not be used by pregnant women, if hypersensitive, if suffering from occlusion of the gallbladder and gall stones.
- This supplement is not meant as a substitute for a balanced and varied healthy diet.
- Suitable for Vegans.